Sunday, March 8, 2009

I would like to be a writer, but my mind has been too consistently unfocused to formulate an entire plot since the day I completed my 15 (single spaced, illustrated) page opus, "Pepperoni the Alley Cat" in 5th grade.  I'm wondering if it would be possible to start a career that is centered around setting up a basic situation analysis that leads to inspiration for the creation of stories that are of the quality that might allow them to someday be adapted into critically acclaimed HBO or Showtime dramedies.   So I provide the bones, another provides the prose

This is the first:

The protagonist works at a dog kennel, where he/she/you is the overnight supervisor, which means he/she/you stay awake all night watching dogs sleep.  After finding a cell phone on the street, he/she/you begins to wile away the hours by texting anonymous unsolicited advice to the contacts in your his/her/your personal life. 

this story is not allowed to be called: Letting Sleeping Dogs Lie.   Too easy.

2 comments:

Evan McCoy said...

How about: Howling at the Moon? Lonesome Bones? Collar, Go Ahead? Dig Doug? (The guy's name would probably have to be, yeah, Doug.)

gladys said...

Wait a second, back the fuck up. "Pepperoni the Alley Cat"??? Please tell me Pepperoni wore a boot for a hat and carried a bindle.