Thursday, June 26, 2008

How I Slowly Move From Place To Place On The Internet

You Scared Me In My Bathroom - w4m - 24 (Capitol Hill)

Reply to: mailto:pers-732742994@craigslist.org?subject=You%20Scared%20Me%20In%20My%20Bathroom%20-%20w4m%20-%2024%20(Capitol%20Hill)Date: 2008-06-25, 5:21PM PDT

Me: At my sink, in my bathroom, in my 2nd floor apartment, washing my face, looking forward to a journey into slumber courtesy of Tylenol PM. Hair pulled back in scrunchy, face covered in exfoliant beads and water. Wearing Umbros from middle school and a bleach covered t-shirt.

You: Trucker of indiscriminate age, race, and appearance (my contacts were out) loitering at a red light on Bellevue and Denny, honking your big truck horn over and over and over. When I looked out the window, there you were, waving gleefully at me. I think you may have mouthed "hi" or maybe you said it and I just couldn't hear over the incessant honking. You could have stopped honking once I looked. I waved back at you and then we made awkward eye contact until the light changed and you drove away with a few final honks of appreciation for my nighttime cleansing routine. Don't worry, I don't think you're creepy... only lonely from long nights spent hauling goods across America. If you ever pass my street again, feel free to pull over and come on up. I won't have sex with you or touch you in any way, but I did just get cable OnDemand so we could watch Intervention and I can microwave you a chicken patty or something, and then you can watch me watch my face again because I guess it's pretty hot. But then you have to leave.

Location: Capitol Hill
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests



AND, one response I got:

"a little full of oneself perhaps?"


TROO

No comments: