Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Jerkface

These are a just a few things that I really hate listening to other people talk about... YET I talk about them all the time and expect others to listen/be intrigued. Inspired by listening to my own uninspired ramblings and thinking about how I would never want to be my friend.

  • Long, endless dream narratives, followed by a personal interpretation. ESPECIALLY when told by children because they are always lying.

  • Stories of traffic jams and encounters, especially if they are told using salt shakers, discarded pieces of food, or sleeping animals as placeholders for the cars and their actions.

  • Diet/exercise regime of any kind.

  • The deep ways in which an individual relates to a fictional character or song lyrics that seem reminiscent of their own lives. I myself especially like to do this with My So Called Life*, as I am clearly exactly like Angela Chase and constantly getting fucked around by various Jordan Catalanos. But god, he is hot and worth it.

    *I do plan to mention MSCL in every post ever, if you were wondering.

No comments: