Friday, May 2, 2008

Why I should just bite the bullet and marry Slats...

I love a character.

No, that's not quite right, I love individuals that are so utterly ridiculous, they defy being limited to the definition of characters.

Maybe it comes from my years slogging away toffee nut lattes, but I grew to love customers that became literal service industry archetypes. AKA, horrendously smelly meth-addicted trucker who always commented on the fact that I have a mole on my chest and talked about doing meth and how coffee kept him off meth for a couple more hours. OR, Enormously obese women who always talked about being hideously obese, but always ordered Venti Breves. OR, the paint-huffer (literally you could see the ring of color around most of his face) who aways tried to steal sugar and at one point defecated in front of me in an alley. OR, my building's security guard who I suspect to be an ex-con and who one day I found using the ladies restroom and when I ask him why responded, "for a change."

Yes, I am sort of obsessed with these people.

And that's why I've decided the only way I can be happy is to commit myself to the only man that encompasses all the above archetypes:



Thankfully, there's now a website to help me. And, apparently, his real name is Chris!!

No comments: